Skip to content | Wednesday, 27-May-2020 | Normal View | Site Map | Text size: Normal Large Extra Large


Click here to download the browsealoud software (this link will open in a new window)

Documents needed for application


Before we can process your application for affordable housing in Herefordshire, we will need to see certain documents to support your claim. If you provide this information when you submit your claim to us, we will be able to process it more quickly. This page explains what we will need to see.


Proof of income

We will accept:

  • Child benefit award letter
  • Private or other pensions award letter
  • Current bank statement showing benefit or income having been received
  • Court award letter in respect of maintenance

Proof of earnings

We will accept:

  • Five recent consecutive weekly wage slips
  • Three recent consecutive fortnightly wage slips
  • Three recent consecutive monthly wage slips
  • If you are self-employed, your most recent accounts. If these are not available, you will need to provide us with your bank statements for the past 12 months.

If you have recently started work and are not able to provide payslips then a letter from your employer is acceptable

Proof of savings

We will accept:

  • Bank and / or current/savings account statements for all accounts for the last two months;
  • Building society account statements for the last two months;
  • Premium bonds;
  • Savings certificates;
  • Share certificates;
  • ISA's.

Proof of identity

We will accept:

  • National Insurance card
  • Birth Certificate
  • Passport
  • Driving Licence
  • National identity card
  • Immigration papers/visa
  • Benefit book or payment letter

Proof of local connection

  • Tenancy Agreement
  • Rent book
  • Wage slip
  • Bank statement
  • Utility Bill (gas/electric/water)
  • Council Tax Bill
  • Child Benefit Book or letter
  • Housing Benefit letter

If you have children, we need their identification and proof of child benefit.

Proof of eligibility

If you are not a UK national or a person with a right of abode in this country, we will need to see documents such as your passport, national identity card, residence permit, worker's registration card (nationals of Croatia only), registration certificate, immigration papers (UKBA) and your visa.


If you are pregnant we will need to see a copy of your maternity certificate (MAT B1). Scans are not required.

If your property has had a Housing Health and Safety Ratings System inspection carried out (e.g. because of disrepair) please provide evidence.

Please supply a copy of the occupation therapist’s report (if you have one) and any supporting evidence which demonstrates a housing need (e.g. letters from support workers, a social worker or your doctor).

Frequently asked questions

I don’t have all the information I need at the moment, should I wait to make an application?

No. You should not delay making your application. You will have up to 4 weeks from the date you submitted your claim to provide all the original documents as supporting evidence.

I do not want to post my documents, where do I need to take them?

You can take your original documents to Home Point at Blueschool House, Blueschool Street Hereford HR1 2LX. Details of how to get in touch with us is here.There is no need to book an appointment as we operate a sit and wait service for this purpose. You will need to wait until an advisor is available to see you.

What should I do if I’m having difficulty getting hold of all the information you need?

You should contact us and tell us which documents you’re having problems finding and why. We’ll also need to know when you expect to be able to send them.

If I post my documents to you, do you return them by recorded delivery?

No. We will keep them safe at Blueschool House for you to collect at your convenience.

I do not want to post my original documents and I can’t get in to see you, what can I do?

Please contact us to explain your situation. In some circumstances (e.g. because of a disability), we may be able to visit you at your home to verify your documents.

What happens if I don’t provide the information you have asked for?

Please provide the information we have asked for within 4 weeks. After 4 weeks we will close your application. You will then be able to make a new application, if you wish.

If you are reporting a change in circumstances and have not provided your original documents within 4 weeks we will suspend your application. If you provide the documents within one month of the application being suspended we will reassess it. If more than a month has passed we will close your application.

I have no income what do I need to provide?

We may accept:

  • A signed statement declaring you have no income;
  • Less than 3 months bank statements;
  • Letters from friends, family, support workers and so on, if they are supporting you.

If you have any problems getting proof of your income , or you are unsure about anything please get in touch with us. There may be other types of evidence that we can accept.

I don’t have any proof of identity what can I do?

You will need to try to get a copy of your birth certificate. You can get a copy of your birth certificate from the registrar of births, deaths and marriages. You can get a duplicate utility bill from the relevant utility company.

If you have any problems getting proof of your identity, or you are unsure about anything please get in touch with us. There may be other types of evidence that we can accept.

Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy