Skip to content | Wednesday, 27-May-2020 | Text Only View | Site Map | Text size: A A A


Click here to download the browsealoud software (this link will open in a new window)

Featured Properties


To view all current properties click here, or use our property search to view selected properties.  If you want to bid for one of the featured properties you will need to login to your account and check your eligibility.  On our homepage you can also see what size of property you are eligible for and any other other criteria we use when assessing eligibility.

To view further information on featured properties, please click on the photo in the advert and the information icons below it.

If you have any questions please contact us

  • Home Point, Blueschool House, Blueschool Street, Hereford, HR1 2LX
  • Telephone number: 01432 260300 

Bromford Housing Group are advertising new build properties in Clehonger, see Questions and Answers below about about the local connection criteria:

Am I eligible for a new build Bromford home in Clehonger?

Bromford was granted planning permission to build these new homes on the condition that priority is given to local people on the council’s housing register. These conditions are written into an agreement between  Bromford and the council and this agreement is known as a section 106 agreement.

What does the agreement say for the new homes in Clehonger?

  1. First priority will be given to any one on the housing register who has a local connection to Clehonger. If more than one person is interested in the home then priority will be given to the person with the greatest housing need (the highest band on the housing register).
  2. If there is no one eligible for the homes with a connection to Clehonger  then anyone on the housing that has a connection to the Parishes of Eaton Bishop, Breinton, Belmont Rural, Haywood, Allensmore and Kingstone will be considered next.

Please note applicants must also be eligible for the size and type of property for example 2 bed homes are available only for those with a need for two bedrooms etc. You will also need to have a pre offer assessment by Bromford to make sure that you are able to afford the new home and will be able to maintain a tenancy.

How do I know if I have a local connection to one of the Parishes?

1.         If you have lived in Clehonger or one of the parishes for 6 out of the last 12 months or 3 of the last 5 years you will be eligible.

  •  You must be able to prove that you have lived there for the times set out .Examples of what you could use to prove this are:
  • Tenancy agreement, utility bills, rent book, Council Tax bill, benefits letter, bank statement that cover the relevant period – this would be a recent one and one from 6 months ago  with name address and date on them if claiming 6 out of 12 months. If 3 out of past 5 years then would need one for each year. If this is not possible then we may be able to accept documentation showing both residency from start and end dates

 2.        If you work in Clehonger or in one of the other parishes or you have an offer of permanent employment there. You need to be working 16 hours or more a week to qualify. You may also be self employed and run your business in one of the parishes.

  • The type of thing you would need to prove this are:
  • Contract of employment, or  wage slips with name and address of company and current date or a letter from your employer. If self employed proof of your registered business address would be needed.

 3.       If you have close family living in Clehonger or one of the other parishes and they have lived there for a minimum of the past 12 months  then you may qualify for a local connection. Close family means a parent, an adult child, or brothers and sisters.  You must be able to provide proof of your relationship with the person (eg a birth certificate) and proof of their residency. The relative must also confirm to us that they wish for you to live close to them.

 4.       If you need to move to the area because you need to give or receive care or support from someone who lives there you may also be considered to have a local connection.

  •  You will need to provide proof that you need support  or care from someone in Clehonger or that you will give support or care which would enable someone to be able to live independently in the community.
  •  To qualify for this type of connection you would need to provide evidence of your relationship with the person you are giving or receiving care or support to and confirmation of the need for care or support from a health professional such as an Occupational Therapist, a community nurse or a GP. 



Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy