WHAT ARE MY HOUSING OPTIONS?
Home Point in conjunction with the Housing Solutions Team are here to provide advice & assistance on a range of housing options which may be available to meet your own housing needs. To meet the demand in providing that initial advice, a Housing Triage Service has been established so if you need any information other than advice on Home Point, you can:-
- Telephone Housing Triage Service on 01432 261546 or 261547 during the hours of 10.00am – 4.00pm, Monday – Friday (excluding bank holidays).
The range of options available to you, will depend very much on your own situation at the time of your enquiry. The options could include:
- Signposting to a more specialist service.
- Referrals to accommodation with support services.
- Assistance with the completion of the online application to register for affordable housing.
- Providing information on Low cost home ownership schemes for those that are unable to purchase on the open market (subject to acceptance criteria).
- Applications for the Rent/Bond scheme.
- Advice and assistance on rented housing through the main housing associations across the county.
IF YOU ARE READING THIS OUT OF HOURS AND FEEL YOU NEED EMERGENCY ACCOMMODATION PLEASE CALL THE MAIN SWITCHBOARD ON 01432 261600.
It is important that you consider any move carefully and make your plans well in advance. Making sudden moves without taking advice may result in making the wrong decision and could worsen your current situation. It is important that you take into account of both your current circumstances and what finances you have available, both in the short and long term. It may be that measures can be taken to enable you to remain in your current home, e.g. you are struggling with the front step or unable to get in and out of the bath easily. It may be possible to refer you to the Advice and Referral Team to undertake an occupational therapist report, which could result in some minor adaptations or a recommendation to move to more suitable accommodation.
So what options could be available?
The best way to find out what options could be available, is to complete the Housing Options Wizard, however a summary of each option is available below:-
- Affordable Rented
- Low cost home ownership
- Private rented
- Independant living for those over 55 years
- Adaptations to meet medical needs
- Home Ownership (open market)